What You Should Know About Meets
At regular meets and Divisional Championships, swimmers are permitted to swim up to 3 individual events and 2 relays (with the exception of a Pentathlon meet). Bear-a-cudas relay events are coach-built.
The European Forces Swim League (EFSL) offers the following events at regularly meets:
12 & under: 50 free, 100 free, 200 free, 100 IM, 200 IM, 50 back, 50 breast and 50 fly.
13 & over: 50 free, 100 free, 200 free, 400 free, 200 IM, 100 back, 100 breast and 100 fly.
* At a Pentathlon meet, swimmers are able to swim 5 individual events. There are no relays. The 5 individual events for 12 and under are the 100 IM, 50 free, 50 back, 50 breast, and 50 fly. For 13 and over, the events are 200 IM, 100 free, 100 back, 100 breast and 100 fly.
** No swimmer is allowed to compete in more than 5 individual events in a single day of competition at the end of season championship event.
*** Please refer to the EFSL home page for information on the time standards to be met for eligibility in the end of season championship meet, to be held on 16 & 17 February 2013, in Eindhoven, Netherlands.
Meet Entry Procedures:
Entries will be requested by the Head Coach prior to each meet. The Head Coach reserves the right to make the final decision on which events swimmers will compete.
Here are some things to consider when making your entry selections:
- Be aware of the qualifying times!!!!!
- If you are close to qualifying in an event, ask Coach to enter you to compete in that event.
- Choose events that you have not competed in yet.
- Do not chase qualifying times.
- Be ON TIME!
- Come prepared with extra equipment (suit, goggles, caps).
- Come prepared with snacks to keep fueled....
- Bring AND DRINK plenty of water!!
Parents! We cannot orchestrate home meets without YOUR help! There are many different duties that you can choose from, to include: set-up/clean-up, timing, helping with selling our beverages, ect.